Cherokee County Schools
One of the first school districts in the Nation to achieve “District Accreditation as a Quality School System” from Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement (SACS CASI).
- SAT Scores for Class of 2008: 3rd in the State (2nd among large/Metro Atlanta districts)
- 112 points above state average; 67 points above national average
- Percentage of students tested in CCSD is higher than percentage of students tested in 38 states
- If the CCSD average were the Georgia average, Georgia would rank 25th instead of 47th in the Nation.
- All five CCSD high schools recently were recognized as “High Performing Schools” by the Governor and State School Superintendent under Georgia's Single Statewide Accountability System
- All five CCSD high schools are in the top 25 (of 380) high schools in Georgia . . . as ranked by the independent Georgia Public Policy Foundation
- Ranked first in the State in a recent analysis of grade correlation to End Of Course Test (EOCT) scores in Georgia, by Governor’s Office of Student Achievement (GOSA)
- 98% of this year’s 11th graders passed the Georgia High School Writing Test
- High School Graduation Test: 3rd in the state, with 94% of students passing all four subject areas on the first attempt
- Student attendance rates are at an all-time high; and high school graduation rates passed the 80% mark in 2008
- 65% of CCSD students scored high enough on AP exams to receive college credit, compared to 56% nationally
- In 2008, 96% of CCSD students passed the Reading CRCT; and 87% passed the Mathematics CRCT
- Iowa Test of Basic Skills (ITBS) Grade 5 composite scores for 2008 are 20 points higher than the national average
- ITBS Grade 8 composite scores for 2008 are 10 points higher than the national average High School ACT scores rank above state and national averages
- 2008 1st Place MAGNA Award winner, American School Board Journal: a national award recognizing outstanding academic programs that advance student learning
- 2008 1st Place/Grand Prize Winner for large districts (15,000 and larger) in National Digital School District Survey
- 2008 “Digital Education Achievement Award” for CCSD Teach21 technology integration into instructional program
- CCSD is one of only three Metro Atlanta districts to make Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP) for 2008-09 under Federal No Child Left Behind Act, and had only one traditional school that did not meet the standard.