Location: Houston, TX
Start Date: Immediate
Employment Type: Permanent/Full Time
The Engineering Manager is responsible for the short-term and long-term performance of the Engineering Department. The primary areas of responsibility are quality and timely engineering, developing staff and maintaining a high level of morale among engineers
- Produce Timely Engineering: Monitor project schedules for engineering requirements. Assign projects so that the load is balanced throughout the department. Monitor delivery dates on engineering products vs. project schedule. Quantify the percentage of jobs delivered on schedule. Communicate timeliness objectives and measurements with the department.
- Produce Quality Engineering: Create a quality control process by establishing quality standards and measurement criteria to evaluate the quality of each engineering product. Measure the quality control of each engineer.
- Develop Engineering within Estimated Cost: Monitor production levels and percentage of “on estimate” jobs by engineer. Provide feedback to Operations Manager if estimates are not correct.
- Assist Sales with Solutions: Assist Sales with application engineering during the estimating phase and with on-site survey for complex retrofits. Train Sales on product application and instrumentation selection as needed. Assist Sales with technical sales presentations when needed.
- Develop Quality Improvement Process: Encourage communication on quality and interdepartmental input into quality improvement process. Establish regular communication within department to discuss quality control. Monitor all charge backs created by quality control problems.
- Maintain Appropriate Staffing Levels: Monitor backlog requirements for engineering hours. Project future booking requirements and assess engineering manpower requirements. Monitor manpower utilization level.
- Develop Staff: Assess skill requirements of the department and the skill set of each engineer. Develop a “growth plan” for each engineer; monitor and document the progress.
- Assist Installation and Service: Provide assistance with start-up as required. Provide in-house technical training as needed. Provide expertise in proper mechanical equipment sequence and in material and instrumentation selection. Monitor and communicate pertinent ALC technical bulletins.
- Inter-Departmental Communication: Communicate technical ALC standards to all appropriate employees. Support and participate in Post-Mortem meetings.
- Management: Facilitate regularly scheduled department meetings. Develop and share short-term and long-term department objectives with supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledgeable in DDC control theory and applications pertaining to the HVAC/control industry.
- Knowledgeable in construction contracting industry with specific emphasis in mechanical and electrical fields.
- Possesses good negotiating skills. Skilled in dealing tactfully and without emotion in
- Confrontations with others.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft suite of Software products to include: Outlook, Access, Word, Excel, and other Windows products when required.
- Strong leadership skills
- Able to build and foster a strong and productive team environment
- Able to coach and mentor employees
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- BA/BS and 6-10+ years experience in HVAC and Building Automation industry
- MA/MS and 4-7+ years experience in HVAC and Building Automation industry
- 3+ years experienced as a technical manager
- 5+ years experienced working within and engineering department
- Experienced in project management Experienced with ALC product line
Who to Contact
Company: Automated Logic
Name: Human Resources
Phone: (281) 837-0777
Fax: (281) 694-0690