Location: New York City
Start Date: Immediate
Employment Type: Permanent/Full Time
Possesses limited technical competence on basic building systems and has the ability to perform
basic problem resolution. Under direct supervision, completes assigned tasks, inspection, testing,
commissioning. Commitment to quality through dedication and attention to detail on assigned
projects. Responsible for completing assigned training material/courses. Responsible for
completing assigned training material/courses.
• Assists with startup and commission, assist with re-commission of customer systems that
utilize pneumatic / electrical / electronic technology
• Complete all required commissioning documentation. Maintains accurate As-Built
drawing package and makes changes in Visio, Excel, Word, as required.
• Completes paperwork on-time including time sheets, expense reports, posting of work
orders, on-site documentation and project status reports
• Responsible for calibration of systems requiring basic electronic test equipment, such as
multi-meters, network terminals and/ or a laptop computer
• Assists in static (stand-alone) and dynamic (total building interactive network)
commissioning of software programming
• Assists in the set up of operator workstations with all associated software
• Responsible for performing job database backups on a daily basis or as advised
• Assists with turnover to service
• Communicates with lead project personnel upon arrival and before leaving the work site. Tracks and records job progress and keeps lead project personnel informed on progress. Keeps project management apprised of concerns and issues
• Adheres to safety standards. High degree of regard to employee and subcontractor safety
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Able to assist other team members.
• Have basic understanding of control logic
• Communicates issues with Project Manager on a timely basis
• Proficient with all WebCTRL software functions and utilities
• Must be well organized with good time management skills.
• This position requires excellent communication skills as well as the ability to work well in a team environment
• Able to communicate technical information to a non-technical audience
• Able to read and understand basic Mechanical and Electrical blueprints as well as shop
• Basic experience with Microsoft software products to include: Outlook, Word, Excel, and
other Windows products when required
• Possess computer skills to properly maintain their laptop
• Requires passion and dedication to learning our product line and associated software to
be able to provide a superior building automation systems and outstanding customer
• Basic background in mechanical and HVAC system operation
• High School diploma, 1+ years’ experience in the HVAC controls industry or Associates
Degree Mechanical or Electrical or HVAC field
• Possess and maintain valid and current Driver’s License and be insurable by the company’s insurance carrier
• Field experience and understanding of the installation and operation of automated control systems.
• Experience with the operation and function of mechanical systems in commercial buildings and complete systems.
• Thorough understanding of Electrical theory as it applies to the HVAC industry.
• Field experience with logical programming.
Whom to Contact